TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUBMISSIONS TO THE AWETHU! MOBISITE
Uploading news, events information or contributions to discussions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before uploading information to the Awethu! mobisite, as your submission of said information constitutes your agreement with the rules.
The Awethu! mobisite bears no responsibility for the accuracy and content of material uploaded to the Discussion Forum, News from Below or Events pages and will bear no responsibility or legal liability for the posting of such material. We reserve the right not to publish material that is deemed inappropriate, offensive or, in any other way, not in line with these Terms and Conditions.
The following rules govern the posting of material:
- Users agree not to use any obscene or offensive language or to publish any material that is defamatory, abusive or hateful, constitutes junk mail or unauthorised advertising, includes political, religious or ideological messaging and propaganda, invades anyone's privacy, encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, or otherwise violates any laws. You agree to use Awethu!'s uploading facilities only for lawful purposes
- To ensure the Discussion Forum, News from Below and Events pages are compliant with 1 above, Awethu! moderators may decide to remove material or parts thereof, at their sole discretion, if it is considered to be offensive or contrary to discussion forum rules.
- If you make use of our uploading facilities, you are responsible for ensuring that material you post to the Awethu! mobisite does not violate or infringe upon the copyright, patent, trademark or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party, and is posted with the permission of the owner of such rights.
- All copyright content on this website is owned by the relevant copyright holders.
These rules may be modified from time to time by the Awethu! administrators without notice and at their sole discretion.
Using the Solidarity Support service
Solidarity Support offers this service to facilitate networking among the different social justice structures working across South Africa. However, Awethu!:
- does not guarantee that there will be a response to each and every request
- does not take any responsibility for the quality of the services provided in situations where there is a positive response to the request.
The following requests for support are not eligible and will be removed from the system, if detected:
- request for financial support of any kind (solidarity.net does not offer financial support)
- requests that might lead to defamatory, abusive or hateful actions, contain political, religious or ideological messaging and propaganda, encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, or otherwise violate any laws
- requests that are not not-for-profit or might lead to individual profit-making
- requests that have limited or no impact on improving social justice in South Africa or are not concerned with social justice issues
- requests that are not in line with the mission and vision of Awethu!
Awethu! retains the right to remove or reject any requests or offers that are in a breach of the vision and mission of Awethu! and/or these Guidelines.